Monday, August 6, 2012

I have been advertising lately -  Facebook, Etsy Search ads.  Nothing too fancy, but I have set them at a much higher budget than usual - more so with the search ads than FB.  Is it paying off?  I just started at the new budget so I can't give a firm answer, but my early impression is: yes.  Selling online is different from how it use to be when I started at Etsy 4 years ago.  Has it been 4 years?  Or maybe 5…  Well, it's been a while.  Until I learn some of these other venues, Facebook and the Etsy search ads will be the focus for now.

It occurred to me to bump up the advertising budget altogether after another successful Oregon Country Fair event selling my batiks.  Everyone was so nice and curious about my artwork.  I realized if more people saw the batiks, more people could enjoy them.  I know, major concept…  For some reason it suddenly seemed very pertinent, so I ramped up the advertising and got very specific as to where they're targeted.  So far I feel like they're getting good results.







And yes, the size large tops will fit over size D boobs…  Although this happy customer wound up buying batik yoga pants.