Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Conquering Cafe dePression

Cafe Press is driving me nuts.  It's so much harder than it looks.  And there are some funny dynamics to it.  Originally I started with the "free" style shop to experiment…  kinda liked it…   then decided to upgrade to a more customizable shop.  The free version doesn't let you edit out items you don't want to sell, but it's easy to size the image on the items available.  But it seems like you have to size an image for each item in each color and each size, waaaaaaay too much work!  Especially if you don't want to sell some of those things in the first place.  So the upgrade seemed like a good idea.  So it seems…  The premium shop upgrade requires you to delete your original shop (and all the work you put into it) if you want the same name, and sizing images is apparently impossible (at this point, as far as I know).  I think I have to pre-size the image then upload it, save it, then designate it to the item I want to sell.  I don't know…  the whole thing is a bitch to deal with and I'm really discouraged.

 I'm NOT happy with it.

Maybe I'll talk to my web designer.  She could probably figure this out for me.

I think I just hit a major epiphany.

Wow, blogging is good!

Okay, I'll update you later on how that works out - this Cafe Press jazz.